I like making compote with all sort of fruits as it is easy to eat and full of flavours, for this recipe, I decided to add to the basic apples and pears, some plums. On top of that, it is easy to make a medium batch and store it in glass jar for a couple of days in the fridge. The compote can be eaten cold from the fridge or slightly warmed from 1 minute in the microwave.
- PREPARATION: 15 minutes
- COOK: 20 minutes
What do you need?
- 150g of plums (weight without stones)
- 100 g of pears
- 200 g of apples
- A dash of fresh lemon juice
- 30 ml of water (it will depend on the juice contained on the fruits)
How to make Apple, Plum and Pears purée?
- Wash carefully all the fruits
- Remove all the stones from the plums
- Peel and core apples and pears
- Slice all the fruits and put them in a pan
- Add a dash of lemon juice with half of the water
- Let’s simmer all together for 20 minutes at medium heat
Check if the fruits are well cooked, they are cooked if a knife can easily enter in a really soft apple
- Start mixing the mashed fruits and add more water if necessary
The amount of water will all depend on the juice that was contained on the fruits
I usually stored the compote in glass yogurt pot in a fridge of a couple of days. I put some boiling water on each pot for sterilized them and then add the really hot compote inside.
If you are using the Moulinex Companion, put all the sliced fruits with a dash of lemon juice and half of the water in the bowl with the knife, speed 3, 90° for 20 minutes. Then use the “pulse” for 1 minute and check the consistency of the compote.
More recipe to try and enjoy: