I am definitely a sweet tooth, I like to bake cakes… but I also like healthy version dessert with steamed fruits. I already published one with mixed parcel fruits. But this week, as I received some tiny pears in my veggies box, I decided to copy the recipe of Poire Belle Héléne but in simplifying the whole process. I only steamed the pears rather than cooked them in juice, the chocolate sauce was quickly done in the microwave. I kept the extra miles by adding some roasted almond flake.
The recipe is really easy to make, the dessert was delicious and not heavy to digest.
- PREPARATION: 3 minutes
- COOK: 15 minutes
What do you need?
- 4 small pears and 2 medium-size pears
- 15 g of black chocolate
- 3 tablespoon of soya cream
- Handful of almond flake
How to make steamed pears served with chocolate sauce and roasted almond flakes?
- Peel the pears
- Steam them for 15 to 20 minutes (it depends on how big they are)
- In a pan without oil, roast the almond flake for a couple of minutes
Stir them frequently as it can burn quite easily
- In a small bowl, put the pieces of black chocolate along with a teaspoon of water
- Put it in the microwave and heat it for 40 seconds
- Then mix the melted chocolate with the soya cream
- Put the steamed pear in a serving dish, spread the chocolate sauce
- Sprinkle the roasted almond flake
More recipe to try and enjoy: