Smoked products are quite trendy at the moment, but I was surprised to be able to find some fresh smoked salmon at the fishmonger. The smoky flavour is pretty soft and quite pleasant, perfect fit for a salmon filet served along with some fresh grated vegetables. I add the idea of this recipe of steamed smoked fresh salmon cooked in a parcel for a dinner with friends.
It was already summer and the weather was already quite warm, I wanted to serve some fine food without using too much heat (ie: oven) in order to avoid a suffocating feeling from my guest due to a too high temperature. The steam cooking was a good idea and the fact to use grated courgettes added a summery touch to the dish.
The dish was really appreciated by the guests, it required a little bit of preparation for grated both courgettes and carrots but it is not too long.
- PREPARATION: 15 minutes
- COOK: 30 minutes
What do you need?
- 2 smoked fresh salmon filet or 2 fresh salmon filets
- 1 courgette
- 2 carrots
- 1 lemon
- Soya cream
- Dill (optional)
How to make smoked fresh salmon in parcel with grated courgettes and carrots?
- Cut some baking parchment paper in order prepare the parcel
- Peel the courgette and grated it
- Peel the carrots and grated them
- On the baking parchment parcel, put a generous layer of both carrots and courgettes
You can mix the two grated vegetables for playing with the colour and the texture of both courgette and carrots. The carrots will tend to stay crispier than the courgette.
- Add on top the salmon filet
- Add on each salmon filet, half lemon juice
You can keep some slices of lemon in order to put them on top of the filet in order to decorate it
- Add dill
- Add a little bit of soya cream (a couple of tablespoons)
- Then close the parcel carefully
Usually I use some staple for making sure that the parcel is perfectly sealed and making sure that no liquid will leak from the parcel
- Steam the parcel for 30 minutes in steamer
- Serve the smoked fresh salmon with grated courgette and carrots straight away. It can also be accompanied by some white or brown rice.
More recipe to try and enjoy: