I would say that mash is the queen of the comfort food, having it homemade adds the value of being healthy (steamed vegetables, not too much salt…). I really enjoy making mash with all the various vegetables that I get from the weekly veggie box. This recipe of mash is really tasty and the flavour of the parsnip gave to it a nice touch.
- PREPARATION: 20 minutes
- COOK: 20 minutes
What do you need?
- 340 g of squash
- 150 g of parsnip
- 200 g of potatoes
- 20 ml of oat milk or soya cream
How to make a Mash with squash and parsnip?
- Start by washing carefully all the vegetables
- Peel all of them and make some square pieces of them
For the squash, don’t forget to remove the seeds inside it
- Steam all the vegetables for 20 minutes
Add some bay leaves into the water for the steam for adding some flavour to the steamed vegetables
- Then mix all the vegetables with salt, pepper and 20 ml of oat milk or soya cream
Mix until achieving the consistency that you like. Add more liquid (oat milk or soya cream) if you want a more liquidly mash
More recipe to try and enjoy: