I love making mash, it is like going back to childhood and that is a really nice feeling. I have already shared few mash recipes such as carrots and sweet potatoes mash, healthy carrots mash….
This time, I decided to give a new twist to the recipe by using red lentils instead of potatoes in order to give some value-added to the mash as it will be adding some vegetal protein. That is also a good way to eat some lentils without noticing it.
- PREPARATION: 15 minutes
- COOK: 20 minutes
What do you need?
- 80 g of red lentils
- 300 g of carrots
- 70 g of celeriac
- 10 cl of soya cream
- A handful of aromatic herbs such as parsley or basil
How to make Carrots, celeriac, and red lentils mash?
- Start by washing carefully all the vegetables
- Peel the carrots and put them into square pieces
- Peel the celeriac and put it into small pieces
- Steam all together carrots, celeriac and red lentils for 20 minutes
Put a vegetable stock in the water that will be used for the steam, so it will add some flavours to the steamed vegetables
- In a mixer, placed the steamed vegetables and red lentils, along with fresh aromatic herbs, salt, pepper and half of the soya cream, mix everything together
- Add the soya cream leftover bit by bits for achieving the wished consistency of the mash
More recipe to try and enjoy: