Usually, for dinner, I have soup, it is easy and quick to make and so simple to eat. Sometimes, soup is not enough, so I am trying to find some nice little nibble to eat.
Last time, I was running out of bread, so I decided to bake a focaccia with emmental, olives and pancetta. That is a really nice type of bread that goes deliciously with a soup. I hope you will enjoy the recipe as much as me.
- SERVE: or
- PREPARATION: 2h30
- COOK: 25 minutes
What do you need?
- 140 ml water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 70 g pancetta
- 70 g emmental or cheddar
- 60 g olives
- Mixed herbs
- 250 g plain flour
- 6 g dried yeast
How to do a Focaccia with emmental, olives and pancetta?
- Put all ingredients, in order as listed above, in the bread maker (or food processor with a kneading tool) and put on the kneading program (usually 15 minutes)
- Remove the dough from the bowl and manipulate it with hands for removing the gas
- Shape the focaccia dough with a rolling pin and put in an oven tray (that you covered previously with a baking parchment)
- With a razor, do some scarves on top of the focaccia (for decorative purpose)
- With a brush spread some olives oil on the top of the bread and sprinkle some mixed herbs
- Let rise the dough for 30 minutes in a warm environment
For some bread maker, the kneading program doesn’t exist, only a program for kneading + rising is available, usually, it is 1h30, so this program is fine to use, the focaccia is going to be even airier
- Preheat for 20 minutes the oven at 200°C
Add a ramekin of water in your oven during the preheating, that will allow having a crispier bread, as it will make steam. The ramekin needs to stay in the oven when the bread is in it.
- Bake the focaccia d in the oven at 200°C for 25 minutes
- Let cool down and serve it as an aperitif or along with soup
More recipe to try and enjoy: