Since I have my membership to the organic vegetable box, I am eating fruits and vegetables in season. That is a pretty big change as I didn’t realise how many fruits and vegetables I used to eat out of season. In fact, I used to choose my meal first and made the grocery list, now it is working on the other way around: I receive the vegetable box and then I make the meal plan for the week.
To be honest, following the season can be quite boring, so I was so glad to have tomato and courgette in my last box. I cooked them straight away and I made a really simple recipe that my mum cooked last time when I visited my parents: tomato and courgette oven cooked with olive oil and mixed herbs.
I decided to serve them on some Ebly which is a cooked wheat, quite common in France. The oven baked vegetable can also be served on rice or pasta such as Orzo.
- PREPARATION: 10 minutes
- COOK: 30 to 45 minutes
What do you need?
- 6 tomatoes
- 4 courgettes
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Mixed herbs
- 120g of Ebly, rice or pasta
How to make Tomato and courgette oven cooked with olive oil and mixed herbs?
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Start by washing carefully all the vegetables
- Then slice in square pieces both courgettes and tomatoes
The courgette can either be peeled or kept the skin on, it all about what you prefer
- In an oven dish, add a little bit of olive oil, then add a layer of courgettes and tomatoes
- Add more olive oil, salt, pepper and mixed herb
- Then add layers after layers with seasoning until end of stock of vegetables
- Put the dish into the oven for 15 minutes at 180°C, then with a spoon stir all the vegetable and continue to cook them for 15/20 minutes, repeat the steps until having heavenly cooked courgettes and tomatoes
- Cook the Ebly as indicated on the packaging
- Serve it with some Ebly, rice or pasta
More recipe to try and enjoy: