Last week, I made a little bit of grocery at a new bulk shop in West London (The Source). I really like the concept as it gave the opportunity to try various things without committing to buy a whole big pack. On top on that, the philosophy behind it (zero waste) is great and I feel good when buying product over there. All the products sold are organic which is the extra value added.
I bought some black lentils as I like the shape, colour and I wanted to try them. I decided to give them a try with smoked salmon. On top of that, I use the purslane from the organic vegetable box. Those cute little green leaves are really great in terms of potassium, magnesium and even calcium. All delicious and so refreshing.
- PREPARATION: 15 minutes
- COOK: 20 minutes
What do you need?
- 120 g of black lentils
- A couple of handful of fresh Purslane
- 4 to 5 slices of smoked salmon
- 1 large avocado
- 4 small tomatoes
- some chia seeds
How to make a Purslane salad with smoked salmon, black lentils, avocado, and tomato?
- Rinse carefully the black lentils for removing dust or other bits
- Wash the purslane and the tomatoes
- Cook the black lentils as it is indicated in the package
Usually, the lentils need to be cooked in 3 times of their volume of unsalted water. Simmer them for 20 minutes.
- Once the black lentils cooked, drain them and lets them getting cold
- Peel the avocado and slice it or put it in square pieces
- Slice or put in square pieces the tomatoes
- Slice the smoked salmon slice in smaller slices
- In a plate or lunch plate, put a layer of purslane, cooked black lentils, avocado, tomatoes and smoked salmon
- Then add on top seasoning and chia seeds
For the seasoning per plate: ½ tablespoon of apple cidre vinegar, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper
More recipe to try and enjoy:
Pauline, thanks so much for the post.Really thank you! Great.