A couple of weeks ago we went to a barbecue party, it was for that barbecue that I made the cauliflower tabbouleh. At that party, there was far too much food to eat, so every guest got home with a plastic box with some really nice leftover. I decided to take some marinated chicken breast, it was smelling so good while it was being cooked on the barbecue. Rather than deciding to reheat it in the microwave and match it with mash, it decided to make a chicken salad. It was a really great idea thanks to a chicken breast nice cooked, grilled but really tender inside.
- PREPARATION: 10 minutes
- COOK: 0 minute
What do you need?
- 1 roman heart salad
- 2 to 3 wine tomatoes
- 200g of canned sweetcorn
- 1 or 2 cooked chicken breast marinated with lemon and thyme
- Fresh aromatic herbs such as parsley or basil
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
How to make a chicken salad with tomato and sweetcorn?
- Slice the Roman heart salad and wash it carefully
- Drain the salad and put it in each lunch box
- Wash and slice tomatoes
I like to make some square pieces of tomatoes rather than only slicing them, I think it is looking better in the salad
- Add the tomatoes pieces in the salad
- Open the sweet corn can and drain it
- Add the sweetcorn on top
This time, I tried the sweet corn with no salt added for having a salad healthier
- Slice the cooked chicken breast and dispose them nicely on top of the salad
- Add some fresh aromatic herbs such as basil or parsley
- Add salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and half tablespoon of balsamic vinegar on top of each salad
As I usually make this salad for lunch box, I add the salt and pepper but put olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small sauce container for avoiding the vinegar to cook the salad
More recipe to try and enjoy:
Une recette idéale pour ma lunchbox de la semaine prochaine !
Merci pour cette jolie recette.
Il vous reste une petite place ?
Je suis allée voir la recette de marbré, il est magnifique servi comme ça. Quelle creativité! Merci pour le partage.