Last week in my vegetable box, I received some fresh spinach and that remind me a really old cartoon where the main character was eating spinach for giving him some strength. So, by a weird process of thinking, I decided to make a simple recipe of spinach with soya cream. A vegan recipe that could be served as a side.
- PREPARATION: 10 minutes
- COOK: 40 minutes
What do you need?
- 250g of fresh spinach
- 300 ml of boiling water
- 1 vegetable stock
- 100 ml of soya cream
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt, pepper
How to make spinach with soja cream?
- Start by washing carefully the fresh spinach
It could be necessary to wash them a couple of times if the leaves are really dirty
- Chop the spinach roughly
- Put in a large pan the boiling water with the vegetable stock and the chopped spinach
The large pan is really important as the spinach are taking a lot of space at the beginning and they will be shrunken
- Let them cook at medium heat for 30 minutes
The spinach are cooked when they are all tender, even the stem
- Then drain carefully the spinach for removing as much as possible water
- In a pan, heat the olive oil and then add the drained spinach
- Stir them for a couple of minutes in order to drain them more with the heat of the pan
- Then add salt, pepper and the soya cream
- Stir it for 10 minutes and serve it straight away
More recipe to try and enjoy: