This recipe was inspired by one of the recipe created a while ago: mushrooms pasta with pesto and walnuts. I made this new version only on my memories and then when I checked the actual recipe, I can see that we can’t really trust our memories… but the result is really tasty and smells good in the whole kitchen.
In this recipe, I used a homemade pesto but you can obviously decide to go ahead with a ready-made pesto.
- PREPARATION: 5 minutes
- COOK: 15 minutes
What do you need?
- 120 g of pasta, I used orecchiette
- 120 g of mushrooms (I usually prefer to use fresh mushrooms but I didn’t have some, so I used canned sliced mushrooms)
- 1 onion
- 100 g of Homemade Brussels sprout top pesto (check the recipe here)
- 40 g of walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt, pepper
How to make Pasta with Brussels sprout top pesto, mushrooms, and walnuts?
- Start by cooking the pasta as indicated on the packaging
- Peel and chop the onion
- In a pan at medium heat, heat the olive oil, when it is hot, cook the onion for a couple minutes until they get tender and slightly brown
- Then add the sliced mushrooms
- Add the cooked pasta and stir
- Add the homemade Brussels sprout top pesto and stir
- Then add the walnuts
I like to soak the walnuts a little bit in cold water for making them softer and more digestible
- Add seasoning if needed
- Serve it straight away
More recipe to try and enjoy: