At the moment, I am trying to get more and more vegetarian with the exception of one day per week. I was afraid to be bored by only eating vegetable but that is not true. On top of that, I am taking the opportunity to try again some vegetable that I didn’t like. We are never too old to change our taste.
In order to make sure to have all the flavour of the vegetable that I cook, I decided to go ahead with extra fresh vegetable, therefore, I took a membership for receiving fresh organic vegetables.
Last week, I had a lot of beetroots, something that I usually don’t cook a lot. But this time, I decided to do honey roasted vegetable for accompanying some quinoa and bulgur dish. I decided to put a lot of variety of vegetables and I ended with a colourful plate. The taste was as good as the look of the dish.
It is looking like honey roasted vegetable will be part of my favourite dish.
- PREPARATION: 15 minutes
- COOK: 55 minutes
What do you need?
- 1 courgette
- 2 beetroots
- 3 carrots
- 1 sweet potatoes
- ½ fennel
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 to 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt or Crystal salt
How to make Honey roasted vegetables: beetroots, carrots, sweet potatoes and courgette?
- Start by peeling all the vegetable except the fennel and courgette
- Remove the green part of the fennel
- Wash carefully both fennel and courgette
- Make some square bits of all the vegetable when it is possible
- Steam for 15 minutes both carrots and beetroots
I decided to steam those two vegetables because I knew it will take longer to cook and I wanted to make them as tender as the other vegetables. If you decide to use already cooked beetroot, only steam the carrots.
- In a large bowl, mix the honey with the olive oil and add all the vegetables
- With a tablespoon, mix all the vegetables in the mix of oil and honey
The goal of this step is to make sure that all the vegetables have a layer of oil and honey
- In a oven tray, covered with baking parchment, spread all the vegetables
- Add salt and rosemary
In that recipe, I used crystal salt for having a kind of more authentic flavour
- Put in the oven at 180°C for 30 to 40 minutes
- Serve the honey roasted vegetables with a mix of quinoa and bulgur
More recipe to try and enjoy: